Frontend UI Library
An opensource library, with 4800+ Github stars and 8000+ weekly downloads, which helps to build search UIs effortlessly. Library is written to support all major frontend frameworks and libraries like React, Vue, React Native, Flutter, etc.
- Developed highly demanded search use cases, such as Image search, FAQ Suggestions and Document Suggestions.
- Assisting community by answering queries and resolving help issues like
- Performing necessary frontend infrastructure upgrades for tools like Webpack, Storybook, etc.
- Optimized load time for Reactivesearch demos by building as client sandbox instead of cloud sandbox. Loading the searchbox example in a cloud sandbox takes ~1 min 45 secs, while for a client sandbox, it only takes ~10 secs, achieving 90% reduction in initial load time.
- Published various blog posts on creating and improving search experience in applications like Personalized Search, KNN Search, etc.
- Authored a migration guide for Reactivesearch.
- Improved the documentation website built using Gatsby(React, Remark and GraphQL).
- Reformatted 75+ documentation pages with a semi-automatic script to allow for linking to specific sections in the documentation and improve the readability of the documentation.
- Improved the search relevancy of the documentation search by augmenting the data with keywords and synonyms used to index the documentation pages.
- Replaced the searchbox in the documentation website with a custom searchbox built using Reactivesearch library to by provide features like recent document suggestions, voice search and various other supported out-of-the-box by the library.
Dashboard to configure and control Reactivesearch.io tools.
- Enhanced the UI builder which helps to create search UI with no/less code, specifically built for an enterprise customer. The features were a result of customer feedback recieved from weekly product demos until successful approval.
- Created templates for the UI Builder to provide solutions for well known search and filtering scenarios such as Analytics Dashboard, Ecommerce, Geolocation Search among several others.
- Created ability to configure multiple widgets in the UI Builder like filters, charts, search box, etc. Also added a support for configuring theming.
- Maintained ”Dejavu” which is an open source data explorer, with 8200+ Github stars. It can be used independently and has also been integrated in the dashboard application.
- Performed migration for dependencies used heavily in the dashboard application fixing several security issues.
- Eliminated flakiness in E2E Cypress tests for the dashboard application, boosting confidence in test suite.