A startup that offers a platform enabling teachers and parents to create and share interactive content with students. The platform was utilized by several schools across the UK and Australia. Developed a platform built on MERN stack: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js.
- Handling of payment processing with a seamless integration of Stripe, encompassing dynamic pricing based on geographical location, price adjustments with discount codes and utilization of webhooks for managing transaction success and failures.
- Migrated a conventional web app using Vanilla JS, jQuery, and Bootstrap to React. This involved setting up various tools such as Webpack, Babel, ESLint, and Prettier. Configured the deployment pipeline using Heroku to execute necessary build steps.
- Built a CMS-like system to accelerate the content creation process, which helped in creating 24 levels comprising of 435+ questions in less than a month, which would have taken more than 6 months conventionally.
- I utilized YAML for the overall structure of a lesson due to its human-readable and easily parseable nature. For specific properties, such as question text, I recognized the need for additional markup elements like code, images, tables, etc. Consequently, I adjusted the format by incorporating Markdown strings. This strategic approach ensures a content format that is both easily written and well-suited to our diverse content needs.
- Created several default question templates, such as MCQ, match the pairs, and fill in the blanks using drag and drop. This would then be referenced directly within YAML lesson files.
- Implemented custom hooks that automatically synchronize content with the database, triggered during app deployment.
- Onboarded a content writer to get familiar with the CMS-like system and create content.
- Created an email system using Nodemailer, employing Gmail as an SMTP transport for tasks such as password reset, account verification, and welcome messages.
- Implemented Passport.js for authentication, incorporating strategies like password authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO) with Gmail.