A library to help build search UIs, written to support all major frontend frameworks and libraries like React, Vue, React Native, Flutter, etc.
I started working for an amazing company called Reactivesearch, which has successfully built a vibrant community around its open-source projects. This is the first time I was getting paid to work on open source projects.
- Assisting community by answering queries and resolving help issues like
- Recognized an opportunity to optimize build time for demos by building as client sandbox instead of cloud sandbox.. Loading the searchbox example in a cloud sandbox takes ~1 min 45 secs, while for a client sandbox, it only takes ~10 secs, achieving 90% reduction in initial load time.
- Overcome challenges with upgrading to React 17 in a monorepo development setup. Documented my learnings in a blog post.
- Replaced a date time library with a faster and lighter alternative without breaking changes, primarily to fix a security issue.
- Found and fixed a major class of issue in the library
- Creating and maintaining examples and applications to showcase the usage of the Reactivesearch.io ecosystem.
- Fixed a user issue with pagination component making outdated request
- Developed several new features beneficial for highly demanded search use cases, such as